Dr. Asher is often invited to speak nationally and internationally on topics ranging from conventional otolaryngologic issues to holistic and mind-body medicine. His lively, interactive, and informative talks are appropriate for both health professionals and the general public.
We can also compose a custom panel of experts - conventional and alternative practitioners - to address your group. A non-exhaustive list of potential subjects can be found below.
Recent past presentations:
International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) National Conference
American College for the Advancement of Medicine (ACAM) National Conference
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Convention
Integrative Healthcare Symposium, New York City
The Linklater Center for Voice and Language, LLC
Circle in the Square Theatre School
Pan European Voice Conference
American Holistic Medical Association
The Voice Symposium
New York Singing Teacher's Association (NYSTA)
New York Speech Pathologists Voice Interest Group
School of Practical Philosophy
Holistic Moms: Manhattan, Westchester, and New Jersey Chapters
Dr. Asher remains actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and peer physicians; he is frequently asked to lecture and present Grand Rounds at hospitals and medical schools, including:
- Weill Cornell Medical School
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
(Cornell / Columbia combined Otolaryngology Residency Program)
- Montefiore Hospital
- Albert Einstein Medical School
- Beth Israel Hospital
- SUNY Downstate Medical School
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- University of London Ontario Medical School
If you are interested in having Dr. Asher speak to your group, please contact Cynthia Weiss at: 212-223-4225.
Here is partial list of suggested topics:
- Non-surgical Sinus Solutions: Innovations and Alternatives.
- New Hope for the Headache That Won't Go Away.
- Less is More: Exploring alternatives to pharmaceuticals and surgery for common early childhood Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases?
- Beyond Steroids and Surgery: Advancements in Non-invasive Voice Treatment
- Optimal Voice
- Myths, Marvels, and Red Herrings: Environmental Medicine and the Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Oh the Blessed Silence! Advancements in Tinnitus Relief: A Holistic Approach
And, Especially For Physicians:
- The Art of Creating Healing Relationships.
- Complementary and Integrative Medicine and the Professional Voice
- A Holistic Approach to Managing Medical and Surgical Mistakes
- Managing the Stress of Medical and Surgical Practice
Discussions of fees and honorariums are on a case-by-case basis.